BARCELONA, June 21, 2016 — GDC Technology Limited, a leading global provider of digital cinema solutions, today announced that its award-winning* integrated media block (IMB) and new 16-channel cinema sound processor will be introduced to European cinema owners at CineEurope 2016. Based on proven GDC technology, a cinema owner’s reliable choice since 2000, the next-generation GDC SX-4000 Standalone IMB and XSP-1000 Cinema Processor (GDC Immersive Sound Solution) – comprises of a future-proof IMB with real-time DTS:X™ decoding and an advanced cinema processor. When combined, this latest GDC Technology bundled solution enables a high-quality audio experience at a price point that allows exhibitors in Europe to affordably install immersive sound in auditoriums of any size and delivers realistic, rich sound to a much broader audience.
The GDC SX-4000 immersive sound media server is designed to be fully DCI compliant with a built-in decoder for real-time rendering of DTS:X immersive sound in full 16-channels and two additional channels to support narrative audio, motion data and other special purpose signals. In addition to supporting DTS:X, the GDC XSP-1000 cinema processor can support multiple object-based immersive sound formats.
Key features and benefits of the SX-4000 IMB – All the features of the current GDC IMB plus:
- Faster processing: Next-generation hardware with faster input and output capabilities.
- Higher bitrate: Decoding higher bitrate images and audio files; live or store-and-forward.
- Built-in DTS:X decoder: Powerful audio processing capabilities to decode up to 32 channels of full, rich immersive sound
- 18-Channels: Full 16-channel immersive sound capability with two aux channels for other devices.
- Transcends 5.1 audio: Upmix capability allows audiences to hear height/elevation effects, creating a much more immersive experience versus traditional surround sound for pre-show entertainment programs and alternative content
Key features and benefits of the XSP-1000 cinema processor
- High reliability:delivers a significant improvement in overall system stability by being integrated with bypass audio circuitry, which allows it to remain operational in the unlikely event of a system failure.
- Low noise digital processing:features low noise digital processing, with up to 96kHz sample rate, which ensures superb audio fidelity and presentation.
- User-friendly GUI control: runs on Windows operating systems, which allows for complete system configuration, monitoring and firmware upgrades over USB and Ethernet.
- Automatic equalization: uses user-defined microphone calibration files and standard or user-defined equalization curves to automatically adjust the graphic equalizer on each channel.
- Supports multiple immersive object-based sound formats: includes the latest DTS:X format and supports 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound systems.
- Multifunctional control buttons: shows the current fader level, the format name (which is user configurable), and the measured audio level on each channel of the main audio output on the front panel display.
“Immersive Sound comes to life when all of the details in the soundtrack are heard accurately,” said Man-Nang Chong, founder, chairman and CEO of GDC Technology Limited. “This new solution is a game changer for the industry, providing European audiences with a truly unique immersive sound experience while offering cinema owners a future-proof affordable solution. European audiences will certainly experience better sound regardless of the size of the auditorium.”
Find out more
The GDC Immersive Sound Solution will be available in summer 2016. Contact Cristina Vázquez at firstname.lastname@example.org from June 18 to 22 to schedule a special invitation-only private showing, or visit the DTS booth (#627) at CineEurope 2016 to learn more about the features and benefits of the GDC Immersive Sound Solution. CineEurope is being held from June 20 to 23 in Barcelona, Spain at the Center Convencions Internacional Barcelona (CCIB).