CinemaCon 2016, Las Vegas, April 11, 2016—Dolby Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE:DLB) returns to CinemaCon® 2016 (Caesars Palace®, booth 2503A) next week to highlight a full range of integrated, end-to-end audio, imaging, accessibility, and postproduction solutions for the cinema industry.
CinemaCon attendees will be able to experience Dolby Atmos® sound in the Colosseum at Caesars Palace with a special screening of Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War on Wednesday, April 13, as part of The Walt Disney Studios’ 2016 presentation. In addition, a special screening of Lionsgate’s Now You See Me 2 will feature a Dolby Atmos mix on Thursday, April 14 as part of the Lionsgate presentation.
With more than 1,600 Dolby Atmos screens installed or committed to in more than 60 countries, more than 130 mixing facilities worldwide, and more than 400 titles announced with support from all major Hollywood studios and countless international distributors, Dolby will be highlighting the global success of Dolby Atmos and new, affordable, and innovative ways for exhibitors to bring Dolby Atmos to additional screens in their complex.
In addition, Dolby will be highlighting its award-winning Dolby Cinema™ offering, which is supported by all the major Hollywood studios. In just over a year, more than 200 Dolby Cinema sites have been installed or committed to across the globe, with 38 titles released or announced.
New Dolby Atmos Titles Announced
1. The Orchard, Hunt for the Wilderpeople, June 26, 2016
2. Illumination/Universal Pictures, The Secret Life of Pets, July 8, 2016
3. Sony Pictures, Ghostbusters, July 15, 2016
4. Twentieth Century Fox, Ice Age: Collision Course, July 22, 2016
5. Warner Bros. Pictures, Suicide Squad, August 5, 2016
6. Focus Features, LAIKA’s Kubo and the Two Strings, August 19, 2016
7. Sony Pictures, Inferno, October 28, 2016
8. Sony Pictures, Passengers, December 21, 2016
9. Paramount Pictures’ Monster Trucks, January 13, 2017
10. Warner Bros. Pictures, The LEGO® Batman Movie, February 10, 2017
11. Sony Pictures, Baby Driver, March 17, 2017
12. Sony Pictures, Spider-Man, July 7, 2017
Upcoming Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision Titles for Dolby Cinema
1. STX Entertainment, Hardcore Henry, April 8, 2016
2. Disney, Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War, May 6, 2016
3. Disney, Alice Through the Looking Glass, May 27, 2016
4. Twentieth Century Fox, X-Men: Apocalypse, May 27, 2016
5. Paramount Pictures, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows, June 3, 2016
6. Legendary/Universal Pictures, Warcraft, June 10, 2016
7. Disney•Pixar, Finding Dory, June 17, 2016
8. Twentieth Century Fox, Independence Day: Resurgence, June 24, 2016
9. Warner Bros. Pictures, The Legend of Tarzan, July 1, 2016
10. Paramount Pictures, Star Trek Beyond, July 22, 2016
11. Paramount Pictures, Jack Reacher: Never Go Back, October 21, 2016
12. Sony Pictures, Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk, November 11, 2016
13. Warner Bros. Pictures, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, November 18, 2016
14. Warner Bros. Pictures, Wonder Woman, June 2017
Other titles previously announced but opening soon include Disney’s The Jungle Book, scheduled for April 15, 2016, and Lionsgate’s Now You See Me 2, scheduled for June 16, 2016.
The Colosseum, Caesars Palace
For the fourth year in a row, Dolby has temporarily equipped the prestigious Colosseum theatre at Caesars Palace with Dolby Atmos to support presentations and screenings. CinemaCon attendees with full-pass access will be able to experience Dolby Atmos in select footage during studio presentations including:
· Monday, April 11, 6:30 p.m.: Select clips of the Paramount Pictures presentation will be in Dolby Atmos, followed by a Dolby and Paramount Pictures after-party starting at 8:30 p.m.
· Tuesday, April 12, 9:30 a.m.: The State of the Industry address will feature the global retrospective reel in Dolby Atmos.
· Tuesday, April 12, 9:30 a.m.: STX Entertainment presentation in Dolby Atmos.
· Wednesday, April 13, 9:15 a.m.: Special screening of Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War in Dolby Atmos as part of The Walt Disney Studios presentation.
· Thursday, April 14, 10:00 a.m.: Twentieth Century Fox presentation in Dolby Atmos.
· Thursday, April 14, 2:00 p.m.: Select clips of Lionsgate’s presentation will be in Dolby Atmos, followed by a special screening of Lionsgate’s Now You See Me 2 in Dolby Atmos.
On Display at CinemaCon 2016
Dolby offers a full range of integrated, end-to-end postproduction, audio, and imaging solutions. Dolby products and technologies to be showcased at CinemaCon 2016 in booth 2503A include the following.
Dolby Integrated Media Server IMS2000
The Dolby® Integrated Media Server IMS2000 is a single-board solution that delivers faster ingest speeds, simplifying operations to save you time and money. The Dolby IMS2000 offers cost-effective reliability proven on more than 90,000 screens worldwide, plus the flexibility you need for today’s cinemas. The IMS2000 is the next-generation offering in the Dolby Integrated Media Server line of products. It continues the trend of providing on-board RAID storage, server control, and a DCI-compliant media block in a compact form enabling it to fit in a DLP® Series 2 projector. User control is via a web-based UI, allowing access from anywhere on the theatre network, with full compatibility with Dolby Theatre Management System TMS4 and any third-party TMS that supports Dolby products.
Dolby Atmos Cinema Processor CP850 Product Line
The Dolby Atmos Cinema Processor CP850 product line offers you a choice of advanced digital cinema audio solutions to fit your business model. Whether you’re ready to equip your cinema for an immersive Dolby Atmos audio experience now or prefer a flexible processor that you can upgrade in the future to deliver a full Dolby Atmos experience, we have a Dolby CP850 processor that’s ideal for your needs. The CP850 Base will play back traditional Dolby® Surround 7.1 and 5.1 formats, as well as render select Dolby Atmos titles to a Dolby Surround 7.1 configuration. The CP850 Base includes the same advanced equalization and other audio features as the full Dolby Atmos Cinema Processor CP850. The CP850 Base does not require Dolby Atmos Commissioning Service. Dolby Atmos marketing support is exclusive to theatres with the full Dolby Atmos Cinema Processor CP850.
Dolby Atmos Interface DAC3202
The Dolby Atmos Connect Interfaces allows you to use legacy amplifiers in Dolby Atmos installations. The Dolby Atmos Cinema Processor CP850 employs an audio-over-Ethernet protocol to send a digital audio stream to Dolby Atmos Connect Interfaces. A Dolby Atmos Connect Interface converts digital audio to analog audio for connection to amplifiers. Each Dolby Atmos Connect Interface offers 32 analog outputs.
A Dolby Atmos Cinema Processor CP850 together with a single Dolby Atmos Connect Interface can support up to 48 speaker feeds. Installations with more than 48 speaker feeds will need two Dolby Atmos Connect Interfaces.
Dolby Theatre Management System TMS4
Dolby TMS 4 is a comprehensive theatre management system (TMS) that simplifies and streamlines digital cinema operations. Offering a robust set of capabilities from automated content transfers, easy management of show playlist and scheduling, detailed device monitoring and reporting, and broad support for POS schedule integration, Dolby TMS 4 is a complete solution for digital cinema workflow management.
Key features include key delivery message (KDM) management, content management (including manual and automated transfers with priority based on schedule), show playlist building, schedule management, playlist pack functionality for easier management of preshow advertisements and trailers, scheduled audit-log report generation, and projector-status monitoring.
Dolby CineAsset is a complete mastering software suite that can create and play back DCI-compliant digital cinema packages (DCPs) from virtually any source. The Pro version of Dolby CineAsset allows for the generation of encrypted DCPs and provides the ability to easily generate KDMs for any encrypted content in the Dolby CineAsset database.
With Dolby CineAsset’s intuitive database, asset management has never been simpler. While the full 64-bit software architecture ensures that CineAsset is fast and reliable, the availability of Mac® OS, Windows®, and CentOS™ Linux® versions ensures flexibility.
The Dolby CineAsset suite includes Dolby CineAsset, Dolby CineAsset Player, and the Dolby CineInspect DCP validation tool.