New SX-4000 integrated media block and XSP-1000 cinema processor combines speed and performance, enabling more affordable immersive sound for auditoriums of any size
LAS VEGAS, April 11, 2016 — GDC Technology Limited, a leading global provider of digital cinema solutions, today announced that its next-generation integrated media block (IMB) and new 16-channel cinema sound processor will be premiered at CinemaCon 2016 from April 12 to 14. Based on proven GDC technology, a cinema owner’s reliable choice since 2000, the GDC SX-4000 Standalone IMB and
XSP-1000 Cinema Processor (GDC Immersive Sound Solution) comprises of a future-proof IMB with real-time DTS:XTM decoding and an advanced cinema processor. When combined, this latest GDC Technology bundled solution* enables a high-quality audio experience at a price point that allows exhibitors worldwide to affordably install immersive sound in auditoriums of any size and delivers realistic, rich sound to a much broader audience.
The GDC SX-4000 immersive sound media server is designed to be fully DCI compliant with a built-in decoder for real-time rendering of DTS:X immersive sound in full 16-channels and two channels to support narrative audio, motion data and other special purpose signals. In addition to supporting DTS:X, the GDC XSP-1000 cinema processor can support multiple object-based immersive sound formats.
Key features and benefits of the SX-4000 IMB – All the features of the current GDC IMB plus:
- Faster processing: Next-generation hardware with faster input and output capabilities.
- Higher bitrate: Decoding higher bitrate images and audio files; live or store-and-forward.
- Built-in DTS:X decoder: Powerful audio processing capabilities to decode up to 32 channels of full, rich immersive sound
- 18-Channels: Full 16-channel immersive sound capability with two aux channels for other devices.
- Transcends 5.1 audio: Unbinds the sound from traditional 5.1 with upmix capability to increase the number of channels for pre-show entertainment programs and alternative content.Key features and benefits of the XSP-1000 cinema processor
- High reliability: delivers a significant improvement in overall system stability by being integrated with bypass audio circuitry, which allows it to remain operational in the unlikely event of a system failure.
- Low noise digital processing: features low noise digital processing, with up to 96kHz sample rate, which ensures superb audio fidelity and presentation.
- User-friendly GUI control: runs on Windows operating systems, which allows for complete system configuration, monitoring and firmware upgrades over USB and Ethernet.
- Automatic equalization: uses user-defined microphone calibration files and standard or user-defined equalization curves to automatically adjust the graphic equalizer on each channel.
- Supports multiple immersive object-based sound formats: includes the latest DTS:X format and supports 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound systems.
- Multifunctional control buttons shows the current fader level, the format name (which is user configurable), and the measured audio level on each channel of the main audio output on the front panel display.
“Immersive Sound comes to life when all of the details in the soundtrack are heard accurately,” said Man-Nang Chong, founder, chairman and CEO of GDC Technology Limited. “By giving exhibitors the first-ever affordable choice to install immersive sound, this new solution from GDC can be a game changer for the industry. Audiences around the world will certainly experience better sound regardless of the size of the auditorium.”
In addition to the GDC Immersive Sound Solution, the newly released TMS-2000 Theatre Management Software (TMS-2000) offering over 50 new features and improvements, including support of IMAX will be shown in the GDC booth at CinemaCon. Also, GDC will showcase several other innovative solutions to improve the theatre management’s productivity.
Find out more
The GDC Immersive Sound solution will be available in summer 2016. Visit the GDC booth (#2219A) at CinemaCon 2016 in the Augustus Ballroom from April 12 to 14 to learn more about the features and benefits of the GDC Immersive Sound Solution and other improved GDC digital cinema products, such as the TMS-2000 and Library Management solution built with GDC CLA-2000 and Enterprise Storage Plus.
*GDC Immersive Sound Solution is also sold separately.
About GDC Technology Limited (www.gdc-tech.com)
GDC Technology Limited is a digital cinema solutions provider. GDC Technology develops, manufactures and sells digital cinema servers, content storage systems, theatre management systems and network operations center software for digital cinema. In addition, GDC Technology is the appointed worldwide certification services agent, with exclusivity in Asia to certify DTS:X immersive sound auditoriums for DTS, Inc. GDC Technology also provides a suite of digital cinema products and services, including integrated projection systems, 3D products, projector lamps and silver screens. GDC Technology’s subsidiary, GDC Digital Cinema Network Limited, manages VPF for approximately 5,000 theater screens and 250 motion picture distributors worldwide.