Friday, November 14 sees the release of two new wide films as the holiday season continues with its sophomore week.
Dumb and Dumber To
– The original film was a major career high for both Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels, proven by its pop culture assimilation over the last two decades.
– Facebook and Flixster buzz are solid leading up to release.
– Early word out of ShowEast suggests the film could play well.
– Comedy sequels are more often “miss” than “hit”. Will the recent memory of another long-in-production sequel like Anchorman 2 have a negative effect on this?
– Unfortunately, Jim Carrey’s drawing power just isn’t what it used to be in the ’90s and ’00s.
– Twitter activity is respectable, though considerably behind that of Universal’s earlier release this year,Neighbors. For a sequel compared to an original movie, that’s a concerning sign.