[Auckland, NZ and Las Vegas, NV; March 24, 2017] — Vista Group International (NZX & ASX: VGL), the global provider of cinema management, film distribution and customer analytics solutions for studios, distributors, exhibitors, and moviegoers, comes to CinemaCon 2017 with its largest exhibiting presence ever in the Forum Ballroom and the most powerful roster of film industry companies in its 21-year history. Exciting new offerings and product updates will be shared with film industry professionals during CinemaCon.
“This is Vista Group’s most diverse presence so far at CinemaCon and we’re looking forward to demonstrating a host of fantastic new offerings and product updates,” says Murray Holdaway, Vista Group Chief Executive.
Vista’s attendance at CinemaCon comes just two weeks after it welcomed more than 200 international exhibition and distribution customers to its 8th biennial Customer Conference in Auckland, New Zealand. “That gathering was an incredibly enriching experience for everyone and we are looking forward to continuing the exchange of ideas, expertise, and future possibilities with our customers and colleagues here at CinemaCon via the Vista Group and Veezi booths and our schedule of meetings and events,” says Mr. Holdaway.
Vista Group highlights for CinemaCon 2017 include:
- The Vista Group exhibiting booth (#625F) will highlight four Vista Group offerings: cinema management software leader Vista Entertainment Solutions showcasing new software initiatives including Advanced Food & Beverage and Mobile Apps offers; MovieTeam, the cloud-based application that transforms cinema staff scheduling; MovieXchange, the new web platform engineered to streamline the way distributors share digital promotional movie assets with exhibitors, and to get those assets onto the front line, and Cinema Intelligence, the business intelligence solutions company optimizing predicting, planning and scheduling of movies and events to increase exhibitor profitability. The Veezibooth (#523F) will showcase cinema management solutions for the independent theater owner, including a range of new offerings.
- Vista Group is a sponsor of the Wednesday, March 29thluncheon honoring 15 Years of Focus Features. CEO Murray Holdaway will introduce Powster CEO Ste Thompson, who will provide an overview of the company’s innovative marketing content for film studios including a video showcase.
- Movio’s Sarah Lewthwaite, Managing Director and SVP, EMEA, will moderate the panel “The Age of Analytics: Competing in a Data-Driven World.” (Monday, March 27 at 10:30am, Palace Ballroom III—Emperors Level).
- Will Palmer, Chief Executive and Co-Founder of Movio, the data analytics leader, will present “Who is your Audience in 2017? How to Create Smarter Movie Marketing with Moviegoer Data Insights.” (Wednesday, March 29 at 2:45pm, Palace Ballroom III—Emperors Level).
Vista Group experts will be on hand to discuss the challenges, advances, and exciting trends affecting the cinema exhibition industry today, including:
- Using ‘virtual reality’ to drive consumers to theatres.
- How global changes in the online ticketing world can impact moviegoer behavior in different countries.
- The REAL essentials of Loyalty programs and the extraordinary value that data can deliver.
- Cutting edge Mobile Apps courtesy of Vista.
- How box office results from cinemas around the globe are being delivered faster and more efficiently than ever before.
- From distributor to exhibitor, how to deliver digital promotional assets for movies seamlessly via the web.
CinemaCon attendees can also find out more about Vista Group’s ground-breaking collaboration with Cineplex on The Rec Room, a Canadian ‘Eats & Entertainment’ destination that brings together dining, amusement gaming, technology and live entertainment experiences under one roof. Part of Cineplex, Canada’s biggest cinema exhibitor and a long-time Vista client, The Rec Room is a premier social destination and the ultimate gathering spot for millennials, baby boomers and families, as well as for corporate events, groups and parties. While each location is customized to the local community, The Rec Room concept features multiple dining environments and a wide range of entertainment options.
Jeff Kent, Chief Technology Officer at Cineplex, the largest cinema group in Canada, says: “Recently we opened The Rec Room, which is a new entertainment and food destination. We worked with the team at Vista to add the restaurant and entertainment functionality that we needed. Now we have a sophisticated single solution that tracks the customer experience across all of our platforms including loyalty.”
Vista Group, named New Zealand’s ‘Hi-Tech Company of the Year’ in 2016, is a public company listed on both the New Zealand and Australian stock exchanges (NZX & ASX: VGL). Founded in 1996, Vista is an extraordinary example of many globally successful New Zealand technology businesses, whose focus has been international from day one. A cutting-edge POS and Back Office system developed for a local cinema chain has evolved into a global, synergistic suite of products catering to the international film industry.
Share this post