Back by popular demand, Fathom Events will present an encore screening of the opera Fire Shut Up in My Bones in select cinemas nationwide on Saturday, February 12. The production was originally presented live in cinemas on Saturday, October 23, 2021, as part of The Met: Live in HD series.
Adapted from the New York Times columnist Charles M. Blow’s memoir of the same title, Fire Shut Up in My Bones was written by Grammy-winning and Oscar-nominated composer Terence Blanchard, with a libretto by Harriet director Kasi Lemmons. (Read Boxoffice PRO‘s 2019 interview with Lemmons about that film here.)
Marking the first opera by a black composer ever performed by New York City’s Metropolitan Opera, the production was co-directed by James Robinson and Camille A. Brown, starring Will Liverman as Charles, Angel Blue as Greta, Latonia Moore as Billie, and 13-year-old Walter Russell III as Char’es-Baby.
The runtime is 3 hours and 30 minutes. Showtime and ticket information is available at: https://www.fathomevents.com/events/The-Metropolitan-Opera-Fire-Shut-Up-In-My-Bones
Other upcoming productions in Fathom Events’ The Met: Live in HD series include:
- Rigoletto on Saturday, January 29 and Wednesday, February 2.
- Ariadne auf Naxos on Saturday, March 12 and Wednesday, March 16.
- Don Carlos on Saturday, March 26 and Wednesday, March 30.
- Turandot on Saturday, May 7 and Wednesday, May 11.
- Lucia di Lammermoor on Saturday, May 21 and Wednesday, May 25.
- Hamlet on Saturday, June 4 and Wednesday, June 8.