Top Three Trailers with Highest Memorization Score Among Moviegoing Audiences
Moviegoers tell us the trailers they’most remember seeing at their most recent visit to a cinema.
Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation
this Friday, July 13
- 34% of moviegoers saw and remembered this trailer, its highest score to date. Up from 28% last week.
- Positive interest stands at 69%. That’s down slightly from 71% last week, and down from a peak of 86% in mid-May.
- The third animated Hotel Transylvania installment, it is expected to be the biggest animated title released the rest of July or all of August.
Mission: Impossible – Fallout
- 32% of moviegoers saw and remembered this trailer, its highest score to date. That’s up from 25% last week.
- Positive interest stands at 76%. That’s up from 69% last week, and only one point behind its peak of 77% measured shortly after the trailer’s February release.
- The action-adventure trailer is jam-packed full of stunts, including one creating online buzz because Cruise broke his ankle during filming.
this Friday, July 13
- 24% of moviegoers saw and remembered this trailer, its highest score to date. That’s up from 20% last week.
- Positive interest stands at 78%, also its highest level to date. That’s up slightly from 77% last week.
- Dwayne Johnson, perhaps the single most bankable star in Hollywood the past five years, is at it again with a Die Hard style thriller about a man trapped inside a skyscraper on fire.
Top Three Trailers with Highest Interest Among Moviegoing Audiences
Moviegoers tell us the titles they’re most likely to see at a cinema, based on trailers recently played at theaters.
Hot Summer Nights
- A perfect 100% positive interest score, in our first week of tracking, but this is most likely a result of a small sample size: Only 1% of moviegoers surveyed saw and remembered the trailer.
- The coming-of-age drama stars Timothée Chalamet as a high schooler who gets himself into trouble and finds love in the summer of 1991. Chalamet’s star is rising after a Best Actor Oscar nomination last year for Call Me By Your Name and a well-reviewed supporting role in Lady Bird.
- 88% positive interest score, its highest score yet and a surge from last week’s 69%. This might also be a result of a limited sample size, as only 2% of moviegoers surveyed saw and remembered the trailer.
- The documentary about controversial fashion designer Alexander McQueen comes amid the biggest summer season for theatrical documentaries in years, with 4 of the top 22 titles at last weekend’s box office falling within the genre.
The Equalizer 2
- 86% positive interest score, exactly even from last week. The peak of 87% was in mid-June.
- 12% of moviegoers saw and remembered the trailer, its highest score yet and up from 10% last week.
- The R-rated action sequel returns Denzel Washington as a retired CIA agent who dispenses bloody justice to his enemies.
Trailer Impact is a service provided by Boxoffice Media parent company Webedia Movies Pro. To subscribe to the full service, which includes exclusive data about the top 25 trailers of the week, click here.
Share this post